Friday, February 12, 2010

Feminine Hairstyles, Day 6

Model: Miss Mary Kate

Style: French herringbone/fishtail, tucked under

Done: Last summer (as you can see from all the foliage in the photos!)

Time: Maybe 15 minutes

Supplies: Comb, hairtie, few large bobby pins and/or small claw clips if you plan to tuck it under. *This braid is challenging on fine or slippery hair. Miss MK's hair is somewhat textured and was also just perfectly damp-dry at this time I did this, which is why it turned out best of any french herringbone I've tried! If you are going to try it with fine hair, I suggest using mouse or a volumizing product first.

How: Go to "Fishtail or Herringbone Braids" on this page. I generally recommend adding very small sections of hair for this braid. The hair should always be damp or wet for best results. I do recommend trying out the basic herringbone technique first with the hair in a ponytail, then without the pontail, then the french way.

Photos:

Braid down


Tuck end under and secure with hidden pins/clips


One more view...




2 comments:

Victoria Rose said...

That's beautiful Claire! I'll have to see if I can do that on Hannah. :)

Anonymous said...

That's me, how cool.