Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Beloved's Bouquet... to Me

Last year for Valentine's Day, I reflected on a dozen roses from my Prince. This year, I've felt as though He's showered me with gifts the past few weeks. They may seem small or insignificant to some, but they are very real and very powerful to me!

...He's brought me toward a discipline which I've desired for a long while but really, really struggled with; namely, early bedtime and early rising! Dad's work schedule recently adjusted, so our schedule did too (this was big for us). The 9:30 bedtime and 5:30 rising time for 6:30am Holy Mass have been such a blessing!

...After a several-month unintended sabbatical from my own violin lessons due to busyness (though I continued teaching and quite a bit of playing), I was able to start back this week.

...He's sent bright, beautiful sunshine! After lots and lots of gray skies, the past two days have been gloriously sparkling! The white blanket all around is turned to glitter under its rays...

...This season of Lent. No, I'm not jesting! Unlike many other years, I actually welcomed Lent this year with much anticipation. I wrote in my journal, "I was so ready for Lent this year". This time of cleansing and growth is indeed a gift. If the remaining weeks are as blessed as this one, I will be more joyful at Easter than ever!

...He has brought much peace into my soul. For a long while I was overwhelmed and over-stretched. In recent weeks I've been able to bring order into a number of areas of my life that have caused me struggle and exhaustion for months. This order that I have longed and strived for in my daily life has finally started to take hold this Lent. For this, I have only His goodness to thank. And that, indeed, is a fragrant bouquet.

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

No comments: