Thursday, October 16, 2008

Election Countdown/40 Days for Life: Day 21

(Overdue from Tuesday...)

I don't know too much about Susan B. Anthony other than that she was a pro-life feminist, but from this quote I found it appears she may have been Catholic, too. I found this intriguing! A good example of authentic "tolerance".

"I tell them I have worked 40 years to make the W.S. platform broad enough
for Atheists and Agnostics to stand upon, and now if need be I will fight the
next 40 to keep it Catholic enough to permit the straightest Orthodox
religionist to speak or pray and count her beads upon."

- Susan B. Anthony on the Women's Suffrage platform
Life Devotionals here. "Pray that we each will daily put on the full armor of God, so that we are strong in the Lord and the power of His might."

No comments: