Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Hills are Alive

with the sound of music. Or at least, UW-Stevens Point will be! In a few hours, I'm off to the American Suzuki Institute and when I come home two weeks from now, Lord-willing, I'll have my Suzuki Violin Book 1 Teacher Certification. I'm very excited... just not quite fully packed yet. :)

"I want to make good citizens.
If a child hears fine music from the day of his birth
and learns to play it himself,
he develops sensitivity,
discipline and endurance.
He gets a beautiful heart."
Don't know anything about the Suzuki method? Click here for an introduction!
~ ~ ~

I'll have the laptop with me, but am not sure how much time I'll have in between classes, observations, reports, and concerts... however, I'll do my best to squeeze in an update here or there!
Pax et bonum!

3 comments:

Malori said...

Oh, how fun! My family and I attended Stevens Point way back in 1999, when I was 12, and I had a blast! I would love to get my Suzuki certification sometime soon, too.
So I guess you'll be going home around the same time I am! I'll fly home from Austria on August 13, two weeks from tomorrow. We'll definitely have to chat and share our musical experiences! :)

Your bosom friend,
Malori

Alice Gunther said...

Claire, you are beautiful, articulate, and a musician too!!!

Oh, how I wish you could teach my daughters--we would love that!

Claire said...

Malori, that's so neat! I was thinking of you a lot at camp. Hope to talk soon!!

Mrs. Gunther, you are too kind! If your girls are half as lovely and sweet as their mom, I know I would love teaching them. :)