Saturday, December 09, 2006

Today's Encouragement

"Girls are like apples on trees.
The best ones are at the top of the tree.
Boys don't want to reach for the good apples
because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt.
Instead they get the rotten apples from the ground
that aren't as good, but easy.
So the apples at the top think
there is something wrong with them,
when in fact they are amazing.
They just have to wait for the right boy,
the one who will risk everything,
who's brave enough to climb
all the way up to the top of the tree."

- Author Unknown

3 comments:

Malori said...

I have to comment on this one, too!! Two of my friends are in really serious relationships, which most probably will go towards engagement and marriage, and I was like, "I'm older than both y'all and yet you both are more experienced in the relationship thing than I am." This quote is a great way to put things into perspective...I definitely don't want to be a rotten apple for just any boy to pick up. I want someone noble and courageous and loving, even if it seems like it's taking a long time for him to climb up the tree to find me. :)

Anonymous said...

I love that quote!!!!!

pamelasview said...

How can I subscribe to you blog?