Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Glorious Words

"The Most Important Person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral -- a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body...The angels have not been blessed with such a grace. They cannot share in God's creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can. Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature; God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation...What on God's good earth is more glorious than this: to be a mother?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely quote...it goes right to my heart. I'm going to print it out and include it in my cards to mothers from now on...

May Cardinal Mindszenty rest in peace and soon be raised to the altars of sainthood.

Malori said...

I love that, Claire! Four other girls and I were sitting in my room talking tonight about being mothers someday, and one of them asked why we want to have kids...I read them your post and said, "That pretty much sums up my reason." Thanks for sharing! :)