Sunday, March 02, 2008

Surprise!

A maidenly lily, as
Pure as the snow
With a spirit of fire
And a heart that's aglow
With a passionate love
For Our Divine Lord
And a devotion to the heart
Pierced by the sword.

Claire, you are my inspiration
the one who lights my way.


Your modesty, your kindness, your generosity,
your patience, your hospitality
your virtue, your love for Christ and for others...

... encourage me to try harder, to "do hard things" ;)

to be the person God is calling me to be.

When I am having a bad day, am depressed or sad,

you always comfort me and bring the love of Christ to my soul.

A "lily of light"

Blessed my you be,

On the day of your birth

And for all eternity.

My godmother,
My friend,

The older sister I've never had

I love you.

Happy Birthday!

With love from "your Rose",

Amanda

4 comments:

Claire said...

Dear Amanda,

I'm about to go to bed, and I just saw your Surprise... I don't know what to say. I have tears in my eyes. You have completely honored and humbled me. What an incredibly creative, thoughtful, and loving birthday gift!

Dad is turning off the lights and sending me to bed... but I had to send this thank-you right away. I am so proud and blessed to call you my goddaughter and a sister in Christ.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

With love,
Claire

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you liked the surprise =)

Alice Gunther said...

How lovely!!! Thanks, Amanda.

Happy Birthday, Claire!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!