Saturday, November 17, 2007

Enter a Rose

A sweet friend and dear goddaughter has just made her "grand entrance" into the blogsphere! (I am privileged to be her Confirmation sponsor.) She is a gifted writer, and I look forward to plenty of beauty and inspiration from her blog. Please take a minute to drop by and give a warm welcome to Lady of the Rose!

And because I just love the quote she shared today, I have to share it here too. (Hope you don't mind, Amanda!). It is a real gem, from none other than J.R.R. Tolkien.

"Out of the darkness of my life,
so much frustrated,
I place before you
the one great thing to love on earth:
The Blessed Sacrament...
There you will find romance, glory, honor, fidelity
and the true way of all your loves upon earth,
and more than that: Death:
by the divine paradox, that which ends life,
and demands the complete surrender of all,
and yet by the taste of which alone
can what you seek
in your earthly relationships be maintained,
or take on the complexity of reality,
or eternal endurance,
which every man's heart desires."

~ Tolkien in a letter to his son

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Claire! You know that picture you have to go along with the quote, is the same exact one that I almost used on my blog! I finally decided on the other one.
I love that quote. I found it (in part) on a newsletter that we get from the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, AL. After alot of searching, I found the rest of it. Tolkien was a very devout Catholic, by the way. One of his son's was a priest! (How neat!)
Thank's again!
God Bless!

Anonymous said...

hey Claire, you need to update your side bar...Love,Veronica