Friday, September 21, 2007

With Gratitude to Sylvia

Several months back, sweet Sylvia was gracious enough to give me The Blogger Reflection Award. And though she kindly left a comment and let me know, it took me until now to take the few minutes to actually get the image on my sidebar!

But even more touching than the award was the reflection she offered...

Ever since I first met Claire and found out about her ministry with the Rosa Mystica Modesty Movement, I have been astounded by her servant’s heart for God. She has such a beautiful outlook on life, and her speaking and writing on femininity has encouraged me over and over again. She has truly been using the gifts that God has given her to the best of her ability and He has touched many people through her.

Sylvia, though I may be a few months behind -- thank you! I am both honored and humbled!

As Jocelyn, the founder of the award, explained:

The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them. This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've been to you, and if the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given.

All I can say is, what a neat idea and a neat award. And my five recipients are...

- My bosom friend and sister-in-Christ, Malori! It's fitting that I can offer my dear, longtime penpal and long-distance friend -- whose blog is titled "Ramblings and Reflections" -- the Blogger Reflection Award. Malori, I thank God for you and for the beautiful friendship we share. You have a heart of gold, and I'll be praising Him till the end of my days for the car trouble that brought us together back in '96! I love you! Kindred spirits forever...


- Mrs. Danielle Bean, who is one of my "everyday heroines". And whose blog is one of my daily (or near-daily) visits, even when I'm rushed. :) Happy, sad, touching, awkward, humorous moments of family life... she writes about with all, and with a candor and artistry that I know brings a lot of us back to her corner of the web again and again! A real-life Mom, with a real Mommy-heart, and who is benevolent enough to share it with us.


- One of my all-time favorite authors, Regina Doman. Though she hasn't had a blog for long, she's moved me powerfully through her outstanding fairy tale novels (by the way, a review of her latest will be up-and-coming!). Mrs. Doman, thank you for using your incredible gift to offer us a glimpse of reality permeated by living Faith. Your books have the potential to impact my generation -- and I hope they do.


- Alice at Cottage Blessings! I have yet to meet a more gracious lady... though I've never met this one in person, she's the picture of a selfless, smiling, creative mother who extends the same warmth to all who encounter her. Such mothers are the St. Gianna's of today...so, Mrs. Gunther, thanks for welcoming me to your virtual "cottage", and for sharing so many blessings!


- Bethany, a young woman whom I know I'd love to meet, and who has my favorite Scripture verse (Phil 4:8) in her blog header! Her stunning photographs, often shared with just the right verse or quote, always inspire me -- as does her radiant joy as the fourth in a singing family of 13 children. Bethany, you may not know me, but you've blessed me. Thank you!


To read more about the Blogger Reflection Award or for instructions for the recipients, visit the founder's blog here.

May your day reflect the image of God that you are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, congratulations on your award! Though I've started visiting your blog regularily only in the past few months, I beleive you definitely deserve it!!!!

God Bless,

Your god-daughter,

Amanda

Alice Gunther said...

What a beautiful surprise this is, Claire!

Many thanks!!!

And I hope we will meet in person one day!