Monday, March 09, 2009

I Am Blessed

My family, friends, and especially my goddaughters made my birthday so special! So did each of you, with your kind words, wishes, and prayers. I am both blessed and overwhelmed by the outpouring of sweetness. Thank you, all of you!

It's hard to believe we are two weeks into Lent already...I am trying to make the most of this truly beautiful season. Yes, it is a "desert", but because we are there with our Lord, there is beauty. We easily forget that this is a positive season. We are supposed to deprive our bodies in order to beautify our souls. That's right: Lent is beauty treatment for the soul!

I don't know about you, but I always have to resist the urge to take on everything during Lent. The same dozen vices and struggles assail me with ongoing persistance, and, perfectionist that I am, I want to tackle them all at once. Unfortunately, I am too often an all-or-nothing person. When a few of my good intentions slip, I too quickly lose hold on the rest of them. Being faithful in the little things, and targeting my struggles one or two at a time, are ongoing goals of my Lent this year. This is not to say I've been glamorously successful thus far...but I am glad to have 4+ weeks left to work on this "beauty treatment"!

No comments: