Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Where Have I Been Lately?

Rehearsing, practicing, costuming, and program-making for The Little Flowers Catholic Dance and Theatre Troupe Play coming up this weekend! We've taken so many wonderful rehearsal snapshots, shared so much laughter, and made so many wonderful memories that I wish I could do a series of posts on them all; but since the hour is late, I will just share a few of my favorite practice photos from the past several weeks...

A group of girls dancing "Listen" outside!


An arial view (from our upstairs window!) of dance practice

A funny moment

My favorite capture of a "Listen" formation

Two male leads interact in their scene


Sarah dances as an angel at practice


Me with one of our littlest actors, in our yard following a beautiful blue-skied afternoon of rehearsing!


Practicing "Remember Me": the last dance of the play


So if I continue to be rather silent here the next several days, I have a good reason! We are practically living at the auditorium this week, with setup today and all-day dress rehearsals tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday. But it's all totally worth it.

If you haven't read it already, I encourage you to take the time to read John Paul the Great's wonderful Letter to Artists: the inspiration for this whole endeavor. He writes it "To all who are passionately dedicated to the search for new 'epiphanies' of beauty so that through their creative work as artists they may offer these as gifts to the world." How I love that!

Have a grace-filled day, and remember:

"Intense love does not measure, it just gives."
-Mother Teresa
~ ~ ~

No comments: