Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hands and the Priesthood

Contemplation of the "Hands" reflection, simultaneous with joyful anticipation of this coming weekend's priestly ordination of a wonderful seminarian friend of ours, brought this to me...


A dish of water in my hands is...a dish of water.
A dish of water in the hands of a priest is a powerful weapon.
It depends on whose hands it's in.

A drop of oil in my hands is sufficient for cooking.
A drop of oil in the hands of a priest is a means of healing.
It depends on whose hands it's in.

A piece of bread in my hands is a small snack.
A piece of bread in the hands of a priest is the Body of my Lord.
It depends on whose hands it's in.

A cup of wine in my hands is enough for a toast.
A cup of wine in the hands of a priest is the Blood of my Savior.
It depends on whose hands it's in.


Father, bless our priests who bring Your Life to us!

No comments: