Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Trust

When I meditated on the word Guidance,
I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word.
I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music,

and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,

both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back

or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.
It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness

from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.
My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw "G: I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i".
"God, "u" and "i" dance."
God, you, and I dance.
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust

that I would get guidance about my life.
Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

- Anonymous

May you abide in God as God abides in you.
Dance together with God, trusting Him to lead and

to guide you through each season of your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Claire - I just stopped in to see your website and enjoyed today's post. When I was in high school, I was involved in a musical where we needed to dance. A student choreographer was brought in to help teach us and we each of us girls had opportunity to waltz with him. I was amazed at how easy it was to dance with someone who knows what they are doing. The slightest pressure in his touch and you knew exactly where he wanted you to go and all you had to do was follow his lead. It was a wonderful experience. I have thought many times since then of how much it mirrors our relationship with God. God really knows what He is doing and if we just trust Him and let Him lead, be it by a gentle touch or a still, small voice, He will give us the dance of a lifetime! I have prayed often to have my soul be as sensitive to the Holy Spirit as my body was to that dance instructor. (Fr. Loftus and I have discussed this a couple of times.) How glorious to be moved by the slightest breath of the Holy Spirit. I even started writing a song about it:
I want to sing with the angels
I want to dance with You Spirit of God
To be moved wherever you choose by the slightest touch of Your hand,
Completely yielded to your will

Perhaps I will get around to finishing it.......
Great website Claire!
God be with you