Monday, May 18, 2009

Catch-Up!

My poor blog has been rather neglected for a while. One can only keep up with so many things at once! I'll attempt at a bit of catch-up with some photo glimpses at the last two months...

My new profile photo is courtesy of Sis Veronica photography, taken on my birthday back in March. :) She also took the following photo, which I have to share: I woke up on my birthday morning to the dining room table covered with...me! Resourceful Miss V had gone through albums and computer files and found a photo of me from every year of life, most taken on my birthdays. How sweet is that?


The lovely red roses were a surprise delivery sent from my godparents — they lasted a full two weeks plus!


Also in March, my youngest and only brother made his Confirmation:



Then came Easter. I already shared a photo glimpse from that day, but here's one of the four siblings on Easter morning... Claire (21), Veronica (16), David (11), and Sarah (18).


Now for another food photo: the charming Easter "Challah" bread and butter lamb made by Sarah and Veronica. Darling, isn't it?



Our Spring tree bloomed (all too briefly), and Veronica carried out her "traditional" photo-shoot of David amidst the white flowering-pear blossoms:



Our yard is looking lovely, thanks in no small part to the efforts of the same young gentleman...



Since I didn't post anything for Mother's Day, this will fill in...I love you, Mom!




A few weeks ago, we thoroughly enjoyed a visit from friends (three brothers) when they passed through our area on their way home from school. 'Twas a merry time of music-making with piano, guitar, banjo, violins, cello, and voices, not to mention great devotions as a group, and plenty of contra and swing dancing in the living room! (Thank you, gentlemen!)




Last week, Sarah and I had the wonderful opportunity of traveling with our University Schola Cantorum to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse, WI. Our family traveled up seperately to visit the Shrine and hear our concert! We were blessed with simply perfect weather. This is Dad and Mom atop one of the lovely bluffs:

The Shrine itself was absolutely spectacular! The main Church was just dedicated last July. It was absolutely thrilling to sing in it...such amazing acoustics! Being so newly-constructed, many of its paintings were recent saints, like St. Gianna Molla.



I cannot encourage you enough to check out the Shrine website, and to visit it if you have a chance! It is nothing less than a heavenly experience.


This past weekend, we were back in WI for Grandpa's 88th Birthday party. Still the farmer, he spent five hours on his birthday driving a tractor for the son who now runs the farm!

4 comments:

Rose Marchen said...

Hurray! You posted!

Lovely photos! =)

Victoria Rose said...

I had wondered where you disappeared to. ;) Thanks for sharing the pictures, Clare; I'm looking forward to seeing you at camp!!! I can't wait!!!

~Vicki

Megan said...

I love the pictures Claire :) :) :)

Clare said...

Thanks for the catch-up post! The photos are lovely, and it was wonderful to see what you've been up to these past few months. God bless and keep you!