Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Update and Reflection

I'm low on sleep at the moment, but reflective. It's one of those times when I feel as though I'm skimming across the "lake" of things I could write about!


Our Lord is continually stretching me. As in teaching me to trust Him more. It's been quite a week (thus far...I know, we're only two days into it, but they've been a packed two days!).

I know the summer is going to fly by: June's calendar was our most "open" of the summer months (although our calendar is never "open" in a true sense of the word) and it is already almost gone!

Thought for the day: Did you ever stop and realize that "boredom" is actually not the lack of something to do, but the lack of something that you feel like doing? I chuckle sometimes when a peer may mention "too much time" on their hands during the summer. I've never had that problem: quite the opposite. :)

I have been praying and preparing for my new job as Director of Religious Education at our parish, St. Joseph's, this coming school year. The hand of Providence was very evident in getting me the position, and I am excited to continue the vision of the former D.R.E. (a dear friend of ours whom I worked closely with as an assistant the last two years).


I am also excitedly anticipating my Suzuki Violin Teaching Training course in Stevens Point, WI July 29-August 11. The world of music -- like the world of Faith, and I'm convinced complementary to it -- is one that I feel I could spend my whole life discovering...and intend to, God-willing. The biggest challenge for me always is trying to maintain a balance between my abundant activities. I am a person of many hobbies, but little time to do them! How much I've been impressed of late with how crucial the balance between prayer, work, and recreation. I love remembering the time I was told to break that word up and look at it: re-creation.

That's what our Lord is continually doing in each of us... if we let Him.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!"

2 (Corinthians 5:17)



1 comment:

Alice Gunther said...

Your parish is so extremely blessed to have you as the DRE! How wonderful!